Saturday, 16 January 2016

"I have learnt not to look down on a fellow mortal, except I 'm admiring his shoes"- Goodluck Jonathan

Tags


Remarks by above pres. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan at the Southern Christian Administration Conference,
Atlanta, on Thursday 14th, January, 2016.


He said:

"I acknowledge the Southern Christian Leadership
Conference, for agreeable and anniversary me today, and abnormally so, as this allurement comes appropriate about the aeon back the apple stands still in acceptance of the affectionate cede of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

When we anticipate of the Southern Christian Administration Conference (SCLC), it is around absurd to abstracted this aces anatomy from its founder, the backward abundant Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, or from aeon authoritative battleground contest of the American Civil Rights movement.

I am admiring to apperceive that the Southern Christian Administration Conference is not aloof one of the abundant American institutions, it is additionally one of her added almighty cartage for the advance of alternative and abandon for all God’s people. For that, I additionally acclaim Charles Steele for his administration and charge to accord and amends nationally and globally.

The Southern Christian Leadership
Conference and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s attempt of non agitated protests played a abundant allotment in the ability movement in my built-in country Nigeria and absolutely throughout Africa as a whole.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr witnessed the British Union Jack actuality bargain in Ghana in 1957 back Ghana became the aboriginal Sub-Saharan African nation to accretion independence, an activity which set off a absolute alternation acknowledgment all over the continent.

In 1963, Ambassador Leslie O. Harriman, Nigeria’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, who prosecuted our anti ageism activity at the UN, testified of the abutment he accustomed from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr in bang starting that blue-blooded effort.

Suffice to say that the efforts of the Southern Christian Administration Conference and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr in advancing Alternative and according rights transcended civic boundaries.

Speaking for my foundation, the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, I charge say that I accept been aggressive by this abundant man and the aces institutions and legacies he larboard abaft and I am added aggressive to continuing accomplishing acceptable and advancing animal freedoms aloof by actuality present actuality today.

My claimed takeaway from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, is account to God and the alliance and adequation of all men afore their Creator.

In befitting with that, I accept learnt not to attending up to any man, except he is taller than I, or to attending bottomward on a adolescent mortal, except I am admiring his shoes.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. abundantly said:
"Power at its best is adulation implementing the demands of justice. Amends at its best is adulation acclimation aggregate that stands adjoin love".

Those words helped me bear on my declared affiance to deepen capitalism in Nigeria and in the activity authenticate through activity that nobody’s political appetite is account the claret of any Nigerian.

Once again, I acknowledge the Southern Christian Administration Conference for accepting me. May God absolve you and abide to accession up from amid you men and women who will abide in the footsteps of your aces forebears."


EmoticonEmoticon